St. Mary’s Catholic School is seeking energetic, enthusiastic faith filled individuals who support academic excellence to join our team.
We have several positions open for the 2018-2019 school year:
|Two Teaching Positions||Secretary Position||Part-time Counselor|
|See description below||Please click on file to the right for job description and application information||One day a week or two, half days. Please click on file to the right for job description and application information|
Teacher is responsible for instructing students in a Catholic K-8 school setting creating well-developed lesson plans, using data to guide instruction, instructing students in subjects such as religion, science, English language arts, social studies, and math, and creates a positive, well-rounded, faith-based learning environment.
St. Mary’s Catholic School is a K-8 Catholic school in the Diocese of Boise that serves as a ministry of St. Mary’s Catholic Community and is located in Boise, Idaho. Applicants will support the mission of St. Mary’s Catholic School and parish and will adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor Degree in Education or other relevant field
- Current Idaho teaching certificate (or the ability to obtain one) with appropriate endorsements
- Ability to regularly employ appropriate educational technology in the classroomBilingual in Spanish - preferredESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a K-8 classroom
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains positive rapport with students and parents; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child
- Plans and implements daily lessons which are responsive to children’s individual needs, interests and developmental levels and integrates our Catholic Faith
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established Understanding by Design framework
- Maintains student records – records/updates grades weekly
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis and uses data to drive instruction
- Prepares and implements remedial sessions for the children who require extra assistance
- Provides an engaging, clean, safe classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Attends all required staff meetings, events and weekly school Mass
- Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Completed diocesan application: https://www.catholicidaho.org/HR
- Three recent letters of reference to St. Mary’s School.
The completed packets can be sent to:
Tammy Emerich, principal firstname.lastname@example.org