St. Mary's is hiring a Lead Pre-School teacher for the 2019-2020. Please see the information below:
Lead Pre-School Teacher – St. Mary’s Catholic School
St. Mary’s Catholic School is seeking a full-time lead pre-school teacher who is an energetic, enthusiastic, positive, faith filled individual who supports a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and success. St. Mary’s Catholic School is a Pre-K through 8th grade elementary school in the Diocese of Boise that serves as a ministry of St. Mary’s Catholic Community and is located in Boise, Idaho.
Applicants must support the mission of St. Mary’s Catholic School and parish and must adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Have at least three years lead pre-school teacher experience
- Be First aid and CPR certified
- Have Boise City Child Care License certification
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and interact with children in a safe and compassionate manner
- Create a positive and nurturing environment for children that is conducive to learning: Read books, organize and lead activities designed to promote both mental and physical development, games, arts and crafts, music, etc.
- Plan and implements a curriculum which is responsive to children’s individual needs, interests and developmental levels and prepares students for kindergarten
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established curricular guidelines and goals
- Use technology as appropriate to a pre-school environment
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provides an engaging, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Perform a variety of tasks such as recess and lunch duty, encouraging healthy habits, getting them prepared for their elementary education as well as maintaining a clean and healthy environment through daily cleaning tasks.
- Ability to build rapport with children and their parents. Includes greeting families as they arrive and integrating the children into their class, then in turn passing on messages to parents about how their child's day was.
The completed packets can be sent to: Tammy Emerich, Principal of St. Mary’s School at firstname.lastname@example.org
or brought to the school office.
We will accept applications through March 1, 2019.
To apply, please submit:
Requirements upon hire:
- Pass criminal history background check, Pass Diocese of Boise background check and complete Safe Environment Training
- Obtain pediatric CPR/First Aid certification.
- Attend staff development meetings.
- Follow all Diocese of Boise and St. Mary’s Catholic School policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary $23,000 + based on experience
St. Mary’s Catholic School is always interested in energetic, enthusiastic faith filled individuals who support academic excellence to join our team. Please send your resume to email@example.com.